Purpose of the role
In your role as a Software Engineer you will join a small globally-dispersed team in maintaining, developing and supporting a range of comforte products used both internally and by our customers on their mission-critical NonStop servers.
This role would be a great opportunity for a NonStop developer who wants work in an environment where their existing NonStop skills are valued but there is opportunity to extend their skillset.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Analysis of new feature requests and implementation into products.
- Analysis of software defects, design, implementation and testing of defect repairs.
- Providing additional NonStop expertise to the rest of the company.
- Providing product expertise to the rest of the company for products maintained by the team.
- Providing 2nd and 3rd level support to customers for a variety of comforte products.
- Specification of tests for QA team to build.
- Taking primary responsibility for one or more products.
Professional skills and knowledge
- Development skills on the NonStop in C, C++ or TAL
- Solid understanding of the NonStop platform and the most common subsystems
- Desire to learn new tools, skills and products
- C++ development skills.
- Development skills in one or more of C, TAL, Java, C#, VB.NET and COBOL
- Experience with any of the following technologies in a development situation would be advantageous:
- TCP/IP sockets programming.
- Inter-process messaging.
- Windows development
- Scripting (Python, Bash, PowerShell, TACL)
- Fluency in languages other than English may be valuable, comforte have a global customer base and are happy to use your skills in both your regular role and across teams where this helps
- Ready to listen and to share expertise and best practice across own team
- Open for feedback and flexibility to adapt
- Taking accountability to drive results
- Going the extra mile for great customer experience
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and to set focus
- Passionate to find pragmatic solutions and to innovate
- Caring for other’s well-being in a remote working environment
- Advocates diversity and fairness
- Willing to continuously learn and improve skills to keep up with technology changes.
- Self-learner with an ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Happy to take on a leadership role as and when circumstances dictate.
- Comfortable discussing technical topics directly with customers.
- Open to dealing with new and old technologies
- 5+ years of experience in development roles on the NonStop.
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering or a pure science
Why join us
- Individual freedom – tell us what’s important for YOU!
- Culture of trust, appreciation, innovation and opportunities
- The opportunity to make a difference in an agile and fun environment
- Work with clients in various industries around the world
- The opportunity to grow continuously as our technology field is so dynamic
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including profit sharing