Purpose of the role
As a QA Engineer - IBM MQ on NonStop, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and testing of the product IBM MQ on NonStop. This role requires a highly skilled and experienced engineer capable of taking ownership of tasks and driving them to resolution and completion. You will be working with other team members from R&D and QA.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Testing the product IBM MQ on HP NonStop utilizing an existing test automation framework
- Assisting development in debugging and problem solving
- Supporting patch, hotfix, and security related releases for the product
- Working closely with the development team to ensure the quality of the product
Professional skills and knowledge
- At least 4 years of experience in application development or testing in ether an HPE NonStop or IBM MQ environment
- Coding experience with C, Java, and scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with GitLab CI/CD test pipelines and build process would be an advantage
- Adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles
- Able to communicate processes and results with all parties involved in the product team, including engineers, product owner, scrum master, third party vendors, and customers
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- English: required in oral and written communication, other language skills as German helpful but not a requirement
- Ready to listen and to share expertise and best practice across own team
- Open for feedback and flexibility to adapt
- Taking accountability to drive results
- Going the extra mile for great customer experience
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and to set focus
- Passionate to find pragmatic solutions and to innovate
- Caring for other’s well-being in a remote working environment
- Advocates diversity and fairness
- Willing to continuously learn and improve skills to keep up with technology changes.
- Self-learner with an ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Happy to take on a leadership role as and when circumstances require this.
- Comfortable discussing technical topics directly with customers.
- Open to dealing with new and old technologies.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills in a distributed team
- Good communicator in customer facing scenarios
- At least Bachelor in Computer Science (or similar subject), higher degree or similar industry experience
- 4+ years in Software Development or a technical testing role
Why join us
- Individual freedom – tell us what’s important for YOU!
- Culture of trust, appreciation, innovation and opportunities
- The opportunity to make a difference in an agile and fun environment
- Work with clients in various industries around the world
- The opportunity to grow continuously as our technology field is so dynamic
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including profit sharing