Purpose of the role
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Making sure that production services meet SLA
- Design monitoring and alerting mechanism that prevents systems from outages
- Reviewing incidents and documenting the findings to enable informed decision-making
- Apply best practices for deploying and updating cloud-native solutions for on-premise Kubernetes environment (Rancher, Kubevirt, Ceph, Vault)
- Working closely with products teams in order to constantly improve the quality of product-specific build & deployment configurations.
Professional skills and knowledge
- Docker and Kubernetes.
- Linux OS.
- TCP/IP networking, DNS and data storage
- Monitoring tools (Grafana, Prometheus)
- Infrastructure as Code and provisioning tools (i.e. Terraform, Ansible).
- Programming (i.e. Python) and Shell Scripting
- SFTP, SSH, TLS/SSL, REST protocols.
- Experience with on-call duties and resolving production incidents.
- Source code version control systems (Git).
- CI /CD tools (e.g. GitLab, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Database knowledge (e.g. PostgreSQL)
Additional knowhow and skills in the following areas are a plus:
- Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, MS Azure)
- Programming languages (Java/Go)
- NoSQL databases (i.e. MongoDB)
Required domain knowledge
- Performance, scalability and security of distributed systems
- Cloud-native design principles
- Infrastructure as code (design, configuration and programming)
- Linux OS
Value driven professional
- Ready to listen and to share expertise and best practice across own team
- Open for feedback and flexibility to adapt
- Taking accountability to drive results
- Going the extra mile for great customer experience
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and to set focus
- Passionate to find pragmatic solutions and to innovate
- Caring for other’s well-being in a remote working environment
- Advocates diversity and fairness
- At least 2+ years of hand-on experience in building, monitoring and troubleshooting reliable systems based on container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker).
- At least 5+ years of experience with Linux OS, software development and infrastructure automation.
Why join us
- Individual freedom – tell us what’s important for YOU!
- Culture of trust, appreciation, innovation and opportunities
- The opportunity to make a difference in an agile and fun environment
- Work with clients in various industries around the world
- The opportunity to grow continuously as our technology field is so dynamic
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including profit sharing