Purpose of the role
In your role as Technical Solutions Consultant you work directly with prospects and customers to provide consulting, installation services, training and support for comforte’s SecurDPS for NonStop product.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Provide guidance / consulting to prospects / customers via email, audio and/or video calls and on-site as needed.
- Support all activities for Proof of Concepts (POCs) and implementation projects (discovery, environment setup, migration, go-live) as well post go-live customer support as needed.
- Develop training materials and recordings for internal and external consumption. Provide hands-on training during POC and implementation and/or formal class sessions as needed.
- Produce technical documentation such as solution descriptions, statements of work (SOW) for professional services, and enhancement requests (RFEs).
- Support software development required for POCs, implementation projects and customer support. This may require you to perform software development yourself, or to support the development (R&D) team with any information required to enable the development.
- Work closely with the development (R&D) team to identify and resolve product gaps / opportunities – both current/future.
Professional skills and knowledge
Technical knowledge and hands-on experience with most of the following:
- Operating Systems (HP NonStop Guardian, OSS )
- Database Management Systems and File Systems (Enscribe, SQL MP/MX)
- Programming and scripting languages (TAL, C, TACL, COBOL, C++)
- Application software background in Pathway and in using SCF
- Performance tuning, monitoring and logging tools / infrastructure
- Client-server architecture and management
- Familiarity with Security technologies, especially encryption/tokenization technologies for data-at-rest and in transit protection – SSH, SFTP, HSM (Atalla/Thales), IAM
- EFT/Payments industry (protocols, Connex, Base24, ISO, components, processes, flows (online/batch), file/message formats)
- Git, GitLab
- JAVA on NonStop
- Using Eclipse and NSDEE cross compilers
- Data Replication technology (e.g.: Golden Gate (GGS), Shadowbase, DR/Net, RDF, NDM)
- Experience in Tandem performance tuning (MEASURE)
- Data Communications
- Banking, Fraud and Risk Management
- English: required to be fluent both in oral and written communication, other language skills helpful but not a requirement
Value driven professional
- Ready to listen and to share expertise and best practice across own team
- Open for feedback and flexibility to adapt
- Taking accountability to drive results
- Going the extra mile for great customer experience
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and to set focus
- Passionate to find pragmatic solutions and to innovate
- Caring for other’s well-being in a remote working environment
- Advocates diversity and fairness
- Must be willing to travel to customer sites and comforte offices – mainly U.S., Canada, Latin America with limited International travel
- Confidence - must immediately gain the confidence of customers, sales personnel and other management
- At least Bachelor in Computer Science (or similar subject), or higher degree
- At least 7 years of experience:
- HP NonStop systems (Guardian, OSS)
- Payments – Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- ACI Base24 Classic and EPS – FIS/Deluxe Connex payments products a plus
- Customer facing technical/consulting role
- Software development on NonStop
Why join us
- Individual freedom – tell us what’s important for YOU!
- Culture of trust, appreciation, innovation and opportunities
- The opportunity to make a difference in an agile and fun environment
- Work with clients in various industries around the world
- The opportunity to grow continuously as our technology field is so dynamic
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including profit sharing